Working Student Market and Competitive Intelligence (m/f/d)
Corning • 09 July
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
For our Berlin Headquarter we are currently looking for a Working Student (m/f/d) for our Optical Connectivity Solutions (OCS) Strategy Competitive and Market Intelligence Team.
- Monitor intelligence sources (for example, telecom news sites, competitors and customers’ web sites) and assist our Team in compiling daily and weekly English-language market intelligence communications
- Analyze news quickly to uncover meaningful insights on our market landscape
- Support our Team in analyzing the impact of new market developments, affecting Corning Optical Communications (COC)
- Conduct secondary market research to gather relevant information from a variety of sources for various projects
- Take over administrative tasks, connected with the distribution of our market intelligence newsletters incl. support the creation of new newsletters, marketing campaigns, maintenance of our Team’s Competitive Intelligence / Market Intelligence Share Point site as well as our Team’s e-mail box, and others
- Currently enrolled in university, preferably in Business Intelligence, Business Administration or Business Economics with a focus on Marketing
- Previous experience in market research, market and/or competitive intelligence and data analytics will be a plus
- Able to develop a good understanding of COC’s product portfolio, target markets as well as our competitors and customers' landscape
- Fluent in English, as well as German
- Structured and analytical thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound understanding of the Microsoft Office package
- Quick learner; be curious and persistent
- A chance to earn valuable experience in a large multinational organization
- Flexible arrangement to work from our office in Berlin-Mitte (close to Potsdamer Platz) or from our office in Berlin-Adlershof
- Flexible working hours of maximum 20 hours during the semester and up to 40 hours during the semester breaks
- After successful completion of the Working Student assignment, a Bachelor/Master Thesis in the field of Competitive and Market Intelligence
- Networking opportunities with other working students
Your daily dose of motivation
"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." John Wooden