Business Development Intern
MERCKU • 30 January
Who is Mercku:
Founded by industry-leading engineers with over 400 patents, Mercku specializes in creating smart home products and systems. Its award-winning 2nd generation system, the M2 mesh Wi-Fi system, earned over 10 awards, including the Red Dot award and the CES innovation awards.
In January 2020, Mercku will launch a third-generation system, The Haven, which will introduce a Bluetooth mesh that allows for indoor positioning capabilities – a big step in the smart home industry. Users will not only have wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage, but they will also have access to a system that can alert the users of movement, tracking, and precise geofencing. This Canadian start-up has a presence in Toronto, Berlin, and China, and currently sells to 47 countries globally, with a team of 50 professionals globally.
What this means:
At Mercku, our mission is to make people feel connected to their homes through the power of our technologies such as mesh Wi-Fi, home indoor positioning, and radio-frequency sensing systems.
As our process specialist, your mission will be to support the sales team with the administrative process. You’ll join our sales program at Mercku to help the sales and customer service team by linking the most up to date SaaS tools into our whole operational process.
Mercku is driven by the ways we can provide value for our partners, end customers, and our employees. The process function is much more than just data input or CRM management - it’s a creative role to discover the tools to help optimize company management efficiency. So you'll have the opportunity to discover and utilize the tools and methodologies available in the market to support the team in the strategic direction of the company.
You are driven by the satisfaction that comes with supporting an ambitious team, closing a great deal, seeing the positive reactions from our customers, and knowing that you're part of something bigger than yourself.
Complete ownership areas: areas where you’ll be trusted entirely to plan and execute
1, Utilize our existing tools to optimize the efficiency of our sales team
- Learn and explore the full functionality of our sales tools, such as Hubspot, Shopify, and DocuSign
- Use LinkedIn, Rocket Reach and other tools to create pipelines for the sales team
- Create and utilize trackers and templates to speed up the sales process
- Configure all tools in a seamless operational workflow.
2, Discover and test new tools and methodologies
- Being updated with better solutions to optimize workflow
- Prepare a report to employ a new process
- Provide pieces of training to the other team members of the new solutions.
3. Company support
- Culture-building and team events
- Team onboarding and miscellaneous tasks
- Supporting the rest of the Mercku organization
Points of Contact:
You will primarily work with:
- Erik Ackner: Director BizDev and GM of Mercku Europe – responsible for Europe and global sales
- Cress Han: Business Development Specialist – running lead generation
You will secondary work with:
- Alex Qi: CEO – responsible for product and strategy
- Justine Chan: Business Development Manager – working on converting leads
- Jurree Sheikh: Business Development Manager – working on converting leads
- Katrina Wong: Customer Service Manager – the heart and soul for our customers
Time, location, payment, and travel:
- Time: Fulltime, 3-9 months, Monday to Friday
- Location: Mercku Europe office in Berlin, (Factory Co-Working Space) – partly remote work possible
- Payment: ¢600 - ¢800
- Travel: will not be required in this position, but possible if desired
- Undergraduate or above
- Very strong organization skills, discipline
- Supporting mindset to enable the whole team
- Curious and interested in optimizing management
- Familiar with some commonly used SaaS
- Fluent in English and able to work in an international environment
To apply for this position, please send your application to [email protected] and don't forget to mention where you came across this opportunity.
Your daily dose of motivation
"A year from now you may wish you had started today." Karen Lamb