Content Curation Intern with German
MERCKU • 30 January
Who is Mercku:
Founded by industry-leading engineers with over 400 patents, Mercku specializes in creating smart home products and systems. Its award-winning 2nd generation system, the M2 mesh Wi-Fi system, earned over 10 awards, including the Red Dot award and the CES innovation awards.
In January 2020, Mercku will launch a third-generation system, The Haven, which will introduce a Bluetooth mesh that allows for indoor positioning capabilities – a big step in the smart home industry. Users will not only have wall-to-wall Wi-Fi coverage, but they will also have access to a system that can alert the users of movement, tracking, and precise geofencing. This Canadian start-up has a presence in Toronto, Berlin, and China, and currently sells to 47 countries globally, with a team of 50 professionals globally.
What this means:
At Mercku, our mission is to make people feel connected to their homes through the power of our technologies such as mesh Wi-Fi, home indoor positioning, and radio-frequency sensing systems.
As our Content Curation Intern, your mission will be to create marketing content to introduce our products, communicate the company value and culture and enhance our branding as the expert of connectivity to the audience. You’ll join our marketing program at Mercku to build and grow marketing and branding specs.
Mercku is driven by the ways we can provide value for our partners and end customers. The Content Curation function is much more than just writing - it’s the marketing channels to spread our messages globally and build the image for the company all over the world. So you'll also have the opportunity to explore the most creative and effective ways to engage potential customers in the tech hardware world.
You will be driven by an ambitious team, seeing the positive reactions from the market, and knowing that you're part of something bigger than yourself.
Complete ownership areas: areas where you’ll be trusted entirely to plan and execute
- Content creating in existing channels
- B2B Newsletters of the industry
- Blog Post of company activities
- Website update of tech spec and new products
- Social Media update
- Youtube Video editing
2. Marketing events facilitation
- Webinar plan and host
- Conference plan
3. Strategic marketing content curation
- eBook and white paper organization
- Case Studies and technical comparisons
4. Initiate new marketing channels
- Explore new channels of marketing that can provide value to the company and customers
- Work with the team for market research.
5. Company support
- Translation coordination
- Team onboarding and miscellaneous tasks
- Supporting the rest of the Mercku organization
Points of Contact:
You will primarily work with:
- Erik Ackner: Director BizDev and GM of Mercku Europe – responsible for Europe and global sales
- Cress Han: Business Development Specialist – running lead generation
You will secondary work with:
- Alex Qi: CEO – responsible for product and strategy
- Justine Chan: Business Development Manager – working on converting leads
- Jurree Sheikh: Business Development Manager – working on converting leads
- Katrina Wong: Customer Service Manager – the heart and soul for our customers
Time, location, payment, and travel:
- Time: Fulltime, 3-9 months, Monday to Friday
- Location: Mercku Europe office in Berlin, (Factory Co-Working Space) – partly remote work possible
- Payment: ¢600 - ¢800
- Travel: will not be required in this position, but possible if desired
- Very creative to curate engaging content.
- Strong organization skills and reliable.
- Good writing skills. Video and sound editing, or graphic design would be a plus.
- Experienced in marketing techniques, platforms. Can run marketing initiatives by yourself.
- Fluent in English and German and able to work in an international environment.
To apply for this position, please send your application to [email protected] and don't forget to mention where you came across this opportunity.
Your daily dose of motivation
"A year from now you may wish you had started today." Karen Lamb