Head of Platform (m/f/d)
Spryker • 18 March
IN A NUTSHELL
Do you love to be in charge of building a new generation platform and managing it all the way from concept to launch? Do you like developing a high-performance culture? This is the opportunity that combines inspirational and humble leadership, a great amount of ownership, thinking out of the box and exploring new technologies with a hands-on mindset.
We are open-minded, pragmatic and agile above all. As a strong interdisciplinary team, we often face innovative challenges and solve them without compromising our standards.
If you think you have the same attitude, join our Spryker Technology Team as Head of Platform (m/f/d) and help us to revolutionize the world of commerce by building and managing a completely new and exciting product.
Building the new generation Spryker PaaS platform (based on Kubernetes)
- Planning, management, implementation and monitoring of long and medium-term goals for the PaaS platform
- Road-mapping and executing the rollout of platform capabilities
- Exploring new technologies and enabling their adoption/evolution of existing stack
- Hands-on experience and fearless proactive issue resolving
- Collaborating with the engineerings teams to improve existing products
- Contributing to the delivery of secure networks, infrastructure & deployment practices to meet pragmatic & standards-based information security goals
Minimum 6 years of relevant IT (and ideally leadership) experience
- Strong experience with container runtimes such as Kubernetes (a must-have)
- Strong DevOps background with automation experience (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Expertise in cloud computing platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure) – AWS highly preferred
- Experience in diagnosing and solving infrastructure problems & building CI/CD pipelines through the use of common stack
- Advanced user in Linux based OS
- Solid experience with at least 2 languages (PHP, Python, GoLang)
- Solid experience with network and system-level security (routing, firewall, VPC, ACL, DMZ, FIMS)
- Experience with building effective Automation and Monitoring systems that focus on measuring business-critical services
- Familiarity with cybersecurity, and ethical hacking
- Leadership experience and the ability to create a culture of high performance
- Humble and easy-going, but not afraid of challenges
- Great communication skills in English, and ideally in German
OUR RESPONSIBILITY – 5 REASONS TO JOIN THE SPRYKER TEAM
- We challenge and grow: our mission is to provide each Sprykee with a framework for holistic and regular 360 feedback and personal and professional development, enabling you to master daily challenges and develop personal and professional skills.
- We care about our herd: we provide you with great onsite experience within our office and beyond. To support your health we offer fresh fruits, healthy cereals, and cool drinks, discounts on Urban Sports memberships, height-adjustable/standing desks and free flu vaccinations. To invest in your future, we offer a company pension scheme and free German language classes.
- We celebrate our success: company events, team events, thanksgiving dinners, “Glühwein” nights, regular “herd events” such as cocktail mixing workshops, BBQ, movie nights and many more allow you to get in touch and exchange with colleagues living the Spryker spirit.
- We focus on our vision: join an ambitious journey while having the perks of being responsible for your own time management, flexible working hours and home office.
- We live constant innovation: constant innovation is not only essential to our product but the key to our DNA in all areas of business: Choose between newest hardware versions e.g. Mac or Lenovo laptops and work on the latest business models and technologies.
The Spryker Systems GmbH is a fast-growing technology company, offering leading manufacturers, brands and sellers of all industries a flexible commerce solution along all customer facing touchpoints. From online shop and mobile to voice, chat bot, blockchain and IoT use cases. Our modern offices are located in the German digital metropolis Berlin and Hamburg.
The international Spryker team is constantly working with new exciting customers, technologies and innovative approaches and is looking for talented employees, to join us revolutionizing the digital commerce world.
Your daily dose of motivation
"he only impossible journey is the one you never begin." Tony Robbins