Node.js Back-End Developer (m/f/d)
Xara • 04 May
Xara is building a SaaS platform for businesses to create, collaborate and control their content. We are a fast growing, international company with a deep background in building innovative, award-winning software products.
You can work…
- In Germany: Our German office is in a spacious modern building in Berlin.
- In the UK: The UK office is at Gaddesden Place, Hemel Hempstead, (25 miles north of London), a country mansion with snooker table and swimming pool.
- Remotely: If remote then you must be within +/- 3 hours of UK time, and there will be occasional visits for face to face meetings with the rest of the team, many of whom are also remote workers. Please do not apply if you are outside these time zones!
- Typical tasks are the implementation of new features, bug-fixes and patches.
- Collaborate with the management and colleagues during the design phase of new features.
- Support/mentor the colleagues and other teams during their investigations.
- Provide second level support when needed.
- An IT or science degree, or equivalent
- Solid commercial experience (3 years +) with:
- A solid understanding of scalable architectures
- A desire to work on world-leading web software products
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude to work and the ability to learn quickly
- Good trouble-shooting skills with the perseverance to solve problems
- Able to work productively, both autonomously and as part of a dynamic team
- Commercial experience with high-volume scalable architectures
- Good knowledge of the most common web servers / load balancers (Apache, Nginx, HAProxy)
- Experience with ELK and Grafana
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Experience with Kubernetes
- An interest in online security
Xara creates some of the coolest graphics and creative applications around. We are an engineering-focussed company with some of the most talented developers in the industry, creating world-leading products. This is your opportunity to work on a product that will be used by millions of people, and to contribute to the most amazing, the most slick web-based creative tool being developed today.
- Get a competitive salary, largely dependent on experience
- Work with amazing people that come from all over the world.
- Great opportunity to build the European presence of a fast-paced global growth startup from scratch.
- Flat hierarchies with the ability to make a difference.
To apply for this position, please send your application to [email protected] and don't forget to mention where you came across this opportunity.
Your daily dose of motivation
"You're going to go through tough times – that's life. But I say, "Nothing happens to you, it happens for you." See the positive in negative events." Joel Osteen